ALL travellers into Barbados, inclusive of those deemed fully vaccinated, are asked to review, and indicate their acceptance of the following:
ALL travellers must travel with an accepted valid negative COVID-19 PCR Test OR Rapid Antigen Test result.
Travellers are permitted to travel to Barbados with a valid negative Rapid COVID-19 PCR test OR Rapid Antigen test result done within 1 day prior to arrival in Barbados OR a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result done within 3 days prior to arrival.
Accepted tests include tests which were taken at an accredited or recognized laboratory by a healthcare provider via any of the below:
- Nasopharyngeal sample
- Oropharyngeal sample
- Nasal sample
- Anterior nares sample
- Mid-turbinate sample
LAMP tests, self-administered tests or home kits and tests using saliva samples will NOT be accepted.
With specific reference to the type of test required and accepted for entry into Barbados:
- The specimen must be taken at an accredited or recognized laboratory by a healthcare provider via any of the below: nasopharyngeal sample, oropharyngeal sample, nasal sample, anterior nares sample or mid-turbinate sample.
- The sample must be taken within 3 days prior to arrival for RT PCR test or 1 day prior to arrival for Rapid COVID-19 PCR Test OR Rapid Antigen Test.
- The laboratory performing the test must be an accredited, certified or recognized facility
Please note that the following will NOT be accepted:
- Shallow nasal swab samples
- Saliva samples
- Self-administered tests (even if the sample was taken under the supervision of a healthcare provider)
- Home kits
The COVID-19 Protocols are sanctioned by Ministry of Health and Wellness (MHW)
Last Updated : 26th February 2022,
Last Verified by MHW : 4th June 2023